North Hall Library
Distance Education & the Library: A Guide for Faculty
Overview of Library Services to Online Students:
- The library answers questions via email, and phone. Students with complicated problems may get asynchronous video assistance to help with their query. http://lib.mansfield.edu/help
- The library has a large number of online books and journal articles. http://lib.mansfield.edu/db
- Need actual books? The library continues to mail books from our collection and from interlibrary loan to online students as needed. http://lib.mansfield.edu/distance/books
- The library has begun offering online tutorials and videos for students to library offerings. Relevant video instruction includes:
Getting Students Ready for an Online Course:
- Verify that students can access resources from off campus.
- Have students create an ILL account if they do not already have one. ILL is the way that students will borrow materials from the MU library as well as other libraries.
Getting your Course Ready for Students:
- Instructors should test and verify all their links to library resources work properly from off campus.