What Services do you offer?
EZBorrow is an online catalog that allows you to search academic libraries in Pennsylvania and surrounding states for books. If one of the libraries has an available copy it will be sent to our library, usually within 3 working days. You will receive an email when you place your request. If for some reason the book is not available in EZBorrow, you will receive an email letting you know Interlibrary Loan staff will look for other libraries to lend the requested book. You will also receive an email when the book is received here so you can either pick it up or request UPS delivery if not on campus.
ILLiad is a library service that allows you to borrow all types of materials from libraries across the nation. If there is an item you want, we will locate it and order it for you. You will be notified when your item has arrived.
Who is eligible?
- All currently registered students, faculty, staff, administrators, and retired faculty of Mansfield University may use these services. Alumni, courtesy patrons and other members of the general public should contact their local public library to borrow materials.
What may be requested?
- A small number of libraries will lend CDs & DVDs, but EZ-Borrow is best for borrowing books.
- Journal and Newspaper articles
- Newspaper Microfilm
- Audiovisual materials
How are requests submitted?
- Before placing a request, check the MU Library Catalog to be sure we do not own or have access to the item.
- E-ZBorrow – Access EZBorrow from the library homepage under InterLibrary Loan. Search for the item you want and submit a request and login using your seven-digit University ID number.
- ILLiad - Fill out an ILLiad request form. You will use your university e-mail and password to access ILLiad.
Will it cost anything?
- EZBorrow materials are free.
- Most ILLiad materials are also free of charge. If there is a fee, we will contact you for your approval before submitting the order.
How long will it take?
- Articles are generally delivered electronically to your ILLiad account in less than 24 hours. Some articles that are more obscure or from journals held by very few libraries may take as long as five business days to acquire.
- Books and other physical items often arrive in as little as three days but occasionally may take a week or longer to arrive. You will be notified via your Mansfield e-mail address when your EZBorrow books arrive and you will be notified via the e-mail you designated when you set up your ILLiad account when item(s) requested through ILLiad arrive.
How do we deliver items to you?
You will be notified by email when materials are received.
- Articles are delivered electronically. The email will provide instructions for accessing your article in ILLiad.
- Books, CDs, and videos can be picked up and signed for or checked out at the Library Service Desk.
- Distance Education Students or Student Teachers can have books, CDs, and videos mailed to them. To ensure items are mailed to you promptly, use ILLiad to request items, and make sure your ILLiad account is set up to indicate you are a Distance Ed Student. Library materials will only be shipped to addresses in the USA.
What is the loan period and can I renew items?
- EZBorrow books have a 12-week due date and cannot be renewed..
- ILLiad item's due date are determined by the library we get the item from. Read the label on the item to determine the due date. Renewal requests can be made in ILLiad.
Where should materials be returned?
- Please return all EZBorrow and ILLiad items to the Library Service Desk or request a prepaid UPS shipping label and return on or before the due date to avoid fines.