New! Online Book Reserves (ORB) for Spring 2021
What: Textbooks available online for students. You reserve a time to read the chapter(s) you need and you receive a link in your campus email to access the chapter(s). You read them online during your reserved time.
When: Beginning Spring 2021. Reserve your chapters in MS Bookings.
- Identify if your textbook is available in ORB. Check your D2L, ask your professor, search our reserve system, or just check all our available ORB books.
- Reserve your chapters in MS Bookings. You can reserve up to 2 chapters during any 2-hour time slot.
- Check your campus email at the start of your reserved time slot. You should receive an email with a link to your chapter(s).
- This is a trial program for Spring 2021.If the service is popular, we will try to continue it post-COVID.
- Not all textbooks are available in ORB. If your text is not in ORB and you want it to be, contact your professor.
- You must reserve your items online via MS Bookings to access them.
- You will not be able to print, save, or download items from ORB, so be sure to read them during your reservation time.
- When you make your book request in MS Bookings, it lists each item as "Free". This is a quirk of the software. Just a reminder that that there is no cost to using ORB!